10 Things to See & Do at the Philly Home Show
1. See and hear Clint Harp on the Main Stage on Friday, January 18 and Saturday, January 19! The wood-loving carpenter from HGTV’s hit show Fixer Upper and his own DIY Network show Wood Work will share some of his experience and many ideas about home design, materials and functionality.
2. Meet Matt Blashaw, who’s appearing on the Main Stage on Friday, January 11, Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13. The host of such hit home TV shows as Yard Crashers and Blog Cabin (among others) is a fountain of helpful home and yard advice.
3. Explore creative solutions for improving your hallway in the 7th Annual Upcycle Challenge: Hallway Envy. We’ve partnered again with Habitat for Humanity and Philly bloggers and designers to remedy a home difficulty, and this year, it’s the pesky hallway. Wait ‘til you see how they’ve risen to the challenge by turning old materials into new, attractive, and functional items.
4. Flex your DIY skills - or acquire some new ones - in one of our Make It, Take It workshops presented by The Painted Home. Be sure to sign up for a one-hour session led by one of our experienced designers, then get busy crafting a brand new home decor item to bring home.
5. Get some great ideas for making the most of small interiors at Small Space Solutions, presented by Philly designer Tommi Mischell of K Gallery Art & Design. She’s got some really creative ways to make the most of small city living spaces, as you’ll see in her combined living room/office/guest room.
6. Learn how easy (and fun) it can be to transform your small city “backyard” into a chic, functional outdoor space. At Concrete Backyards, you’ll be awed by three sample transformations, created by some extremely talented designers. You’ll take home some great ideas and inspiration for creating your own backyard oasis!
7. Create your own succulent planter from a gorgeous array of decorative pots and trendy succulent plants at the new Succulent Bar from Vault & Vine. Then take home your one-of-a-kind creation to beautify your own home!
8. Make your four-legged family members happy with a purchase from The Barking Lot pet market. They’ll enjoy the toys, treats, and accessories, and you’ll feel good about a portion of the sales going to the Pennsylvania SPCA.
9. Join DIYers, landlords, tenants, homeowners, crafters, interior designers, and treasure hunters in discovering hard-to-find or unique items for home improvement and decor at Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore Pop-Up Shop.
10. Enjoy one free admission if you are active or retired military, nurse, first responder, firefighter or teacher with ID on either of our Hero Days, Friday, January 11 and Friday, January 18!
JANUARY 11-13 + 18-20, 2019.
PENNSYLVANIA CONVENTION CENTER